Is it hard to get out of bed in the morning? Do you find yourself dragging throughout the day? If you’re like one of the many Americans who finds it hard to get energized, you may need to take a look at your lifestyle. What types of foods are you eating? Are you taking time out for yourself? Here are five ways to increase your energy levels naturally, helping you have the most productive day possible!
- Get outside: Excuses aside, it is important to spend time outdoors every day. Even if it’s raining or snowing, commit to breathing in some fresh air and enjoying the sights mother nature has to offer. Studies have been shown that being outside, especially in the sunshine, can adjust our bodies chemistry in a positive way. It gives us a sense of being grounded and connected to our environment. Try going for a walk, sitting in a park, or simply standing in a field, admiring the greenery that surrounds you.
- Take time for yourself: One of the keys to staying energized is to balance activity with rest. When was the last time you closed the door and soaked in a hot bath? How often do you get a chance to sit down with a good book and a cup of tea? Scheduling time to relax and rejuvenate your body is just as important as scheduling a workout routine. Commit to spending at least 20 minutes a day doing something that nourishes your body from the inside out. You will find that your mind will be clear, your mood will improve, and your energy levels should increase.
- B Vitamins: Superior Labs Supplements Vitamin B6 has been shown to support metabolism and energy. It also aids in promoting mental health and offers the body cardiovascular support. If you find yourself dragging throughout the day, it may be a result of being deficient in this vitamin. Superior Labs Supplements Vitamin B6 contains 50mg of pure vitamin B6 with absolutely no magnesium stearate, preservatives, dioxides, or artificial ingredients. It’s also manufactured in an FTA registered and GMP compliant facility. Try taking one or two capsules a day or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Adrenal Support: This is especially important if you are going through a stressful time. Avoid drinking too much caffeine and get plenty of rest. Don’t fall into the trap of skipping meals and binging on sugar to give yourself a lift of energy. All of these things can have an impact on our adrenals. Eat high quality foods that are balanced in key nutrients. Focus on high quality proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Meditate and focus on breathing techniques to reduce stress levels in your body.
- Manage your energy: If getting 6 to 8 hours of sleep is not possible and you find yourself feeling tired, make a conscious effort to manage your energy levels during the day. Are you physically draining your body? Do you find yourself worrying too much and draining yourself emotionally? Assess what is dragging you down and find ways to balance your energy expenditure. If you have a heavy workload, balance it by getting outside. If you find yourself stressing out and worrying, get away from things for a bit and read a good book. Do something that brings peace to your mind, body, and spirit.
Disclaimer: Always consult with your local health care provider before engaging in a new supplement regimen. This article is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a licensed physician.